Claudine Cloutier bought a beautiful Canadian house made of field stone. Despite an inspection, her dream was in jeopardy after the discovery of a series of serious problems: contaminated basement, a mouse infestation and, especially, a colony of bats! Claudine had to take a second mortgage and lived a nightmare.
Gabriel and his wife bought a beautiful three-story house, built in 2001, to start a family. The inspector found a few easily solved problems. When Gabriel started the repairs, their surprise was great: the couple learned that the repairs would cost them $200,000, on a house worth $330,000.
In 2015, Sébastien and his wife purchased a triplex with an inheritance. While working on it, Sébastien found several problems on the second floor: badly insulated walls, plumbing and electricity problems. $28,000 later, the family could finally move in. It wouldn’t take long before more trouble shows up.
In 2016, Maryse bought a small house which she didn’t get inspected, as she trusted her agent. One day, her daughter started vomiting and had trouble breathing. Maryse herself had headaches and couldn’t sleep, while her son was dealing with nausea. Experts found eight different kinds of fungi and mold in the house.
Éric and Isabelle bought a 140-year-old house. They didn’t feel they needed to have it inspected, as they had been renting it for over a year. A month after the purchase, Éric found Serpula Lacrymans in the garage, a fungus that causes incredible damage to houses. The problem was serious and the impact was huge.
In 2016, Alexandre and Jennifer bought a property in Montreal. As they moved in, they noticed weird smells in the house. They called in specialists, who found fungus spores in the air. They had to do significant work on the house on top of moving out.
Copyright © 2023
All Rights Reserved.
Internet Service Terms
Apple TV & Privacy